How can I compare two revisions of a document?
You can always compare the content of a SIGN/DOC item by doing a REDLINE against another version of the SIGN item. This action will show you all the items inside the document that evolves between the two versions:
Find more info on redlining documents.
On the other hand, if you would like to visually compare two revisions of a document, there are two options:
- either you create two word documents and compare those inside word. Note to do so
- download the two document revisions from Matrix as word documents
- Open word
- Go to the Review rider and select Compare two documents
- Select the two word documents
- If needed save the result as Compare.docx and attach it to another document in Matrix.
- you enable an advanced feature to compare documents in the software: "Document Version Compare"
Comparing DOCs and SIGNs in Matrix
- in the admin client, enable the advanced feature "Document Version Compare" for the project holding the documents
- Save and refresh the normal client and select a DOC or a SIGN item
- open the menu "Compare to " and select the other revision
- wait and possibly filter the documents by hiding identical sections/items
See an example here after: