Restoring Projects / Branching Projects (in the past)
In MatrixALM you can create clones of existing projects. You can even create a clone of a project as it was in the past. A clone of a project contains all the history of the items. It does not contain external links.
Overview of the process
To create a clone of a project, here is what you need to do
- (Optional) in the original version tag a version in the history
- Export the original project
- In the administration client restore the export under a new name
Tagging an old status of a project
1) select the Change view
2) select the day where you want to put a tag
3) click on "View Selection Details"
4) click on tag version and provide a tag name and comment
Note: the tagged change will be the last change included it you restore to this tag.
Export the project
In the report section of the project find and execute the "Project Export with Audit and Files".
Restore the project
In the admin client select the Projects tab and fill out the details.
Hit F5 to load refresh the clients when its done.
Look at the whole process in video: