MatrixALM organizes Design Input and Design Output in item categories. Depending on the installed module / configuration more or less categories can exist.
Each category has input fields which allow you to enter structured data for the items (see Input Fields).
You can add categories by selecting the Item Categories folder in the project tree in the admin client
To add a category you need to specify:
- Category ID: The id can consist of uppercase letters an is user to build the URL and unique id for each item: e.g REQ to requirements REQ-1, REQ-2, etc.
- Category Name: The id is used to refer to it and as initial name for the root folder for all items. Note: once the category has been created the root folder name can be manually change as well in the user interface.
- Category Type: basically all items need to of type Design, some can have the Test or Risk type as well.
- Use Design for all new categories
- Use Design and Test for all categories contain test descriptions (like test cases) which can be converted to test forms (XTCs)
- Use Design and RISK for all categories which contain risks fields
Checking "Create default fields" will create some often used fields (which can be renamed or removed afterwards) when creating a new category.
You can also copy a category in the same or another project by selecting it and than choosing